Berkeley LASER on Dec 11 and Stanford LASER on Dec 12
Berkeley LASER of Dec 11, 2013
Minerva Foundation, Leonardo ISAST and UC Berkeley invite you to the next
Leonardo Art/Science Evening Rendezvous, an evening of art and science
When: Dec 11 2013
Where: UC Berkeley - Classroom 202 at UC Berkeley Extension Golden Bear Center,
1995 University Ave, Berkeley, CA 94704
* Marcy Darnovsky (Center for Genetics and Society) on "The Case for a New
* David Salesin (Adobe) on "How to use the power of the computer to bring
aesthetics and good design into our lives"
* Chris McKay (NASA) on "The Curiosity Mars Mission"
* Javier Ideami (Filmmaker) on "Instant Filmmaking"
Stanford LASER of Dec 12, 2013
Stanford Art Institute, Stanford Office of Science Outreach and Leonardo ISAST
invite you to the next Leonardo Art/Science Evening Rendezvous, an evening of
art and science presentations.
When: 12 december 2013 at 6:45pm
Where: Packard Auditorium in the Hewlett Teacher Center (Directions:
* Uwe Bergmann (Stanford physicist) on "The science and applications of X-Rays"
* Ellen Fullman (Musician) on "A Compositional Approach Derived from Material
and Ephemeral Elements"
* Alison Gopnik (UC Berkeley psychologist) on "The Philosophical Baby"
* David Stork (Rambus Labs) on "Computer image analysis of Parmigianino's Self
portrait in a convex mirror"
Details, directions, links at http://www.scaruffi.com/leonardo/dec2013.html
Free and open to the public.
No RSVP required.
Feel free to forward to others.
Past and future LASERs: http://www.lasertalks.com